Dec 15, 2007

Re: Tang Yuan

today went back to JB to pay respect to my father and my grandparents.
we brought some vegetarian noodles and glutinous rice ball in sweet soup as offerings.

next saturday is Dong Zhi, a chinese festival for the whole family to get together and make glutinous rice balls in sweet soup and offer to ancesters and deities; not forgetting to have a nice dinner with the whole family too.

i remember my parents told me when i was a young boy. the number of glutinous ball you eat, will tally with your age. eg. if you are 12yo, you'll eat 12 glutinous balls in sweet soup. of cos the balls was all tiny and cute in the olden days. ;o)

you cant expect me to eat 35 balls this year! haha
but i will eat a few, just for the kick of it.
afterall, i am a chinese you know.

No comments: